Here are a few safety tips that you should keep in mind.
- Be careful when pulling your sailboat on the beach or when docking. Always look up for overhead power lines.
- Remove or lower antennas or flags from large cruise vessels and sailboat hulls before transporting your boat over land. Know the total height of your trailer and boat with and without the mast up.
- Be aware of signs that indicate underwater gas or electric utility lines. Don’t anchor your boat near underwater cables or pipelines. At low tide, clearances to underwater cables and pipelines could be inadequate for your vessel.
- When fishing, look behind you before you cast to make sure your hook will not get caught on a power line.
- Make sure all electrical equipment used for swimming pools (even the cleaning equipment) is grounded.
For more safety tips, visit our Safety Center page.